Monday, December 14, 2009

Hooked!



Hooked is one of my favourite places for fish and chips.

...

Heck, make it my favourite.

I don't eat them anywhere else really!

Popped in on Sunday afternoon for a quick lunch with the boyfriend, as the food is good and cheap.



I got my usual favourite lunchbox special, which they have everyday from 12pm to 5pm, for only $10! You get the choice of grilled or light tempura batter fish or calamari, with salad or chips or sticky rice and bok choy, or you could on a complete different tangent and get a fish or veggie burger.

My personal favourite is grilled fish with the salad, I haven't been to Hooked for a while, so I was delighted to find they now have a selection of 4 toppings for the fish, as they used to only have one (which is very tasty all the same, but variety is nice). I opted for the asian sambal, which has a delightful ginger tang to it.



The boy got grilled fish with the handcut chips and salsa. The salsa was delicious, was actually kinda pesto-esque and I know I just said that Match Bar and Grill do some of my favourite chips, but Hooked is also totally up there in terms of favourite chips. They're just chunky and rustic and mmmmm!

Definetly planning to pop by again as the weather warms up...fish and chips in summer? I think so!


172 Chapel St, Windsor
9529 1075
www.hooked.net.au

No comments:

Post a Comment