Friday, February 2, 2018

Dr Morse


Disclosure: I was invited to dine as a guest of the venue. All opinions are my own

Located just under the train tracks at Victoria Park Station in Abbotsford (but on the hipster side, rubbing shoulders with Collingwood), Dr Morse is the perfect spot in the morning for a grab and go coffee, or for a post work beer on the way home. 



But they’re also turning out a delicious brunch menu, with a bit of an Asian flair, thanks to executive chef Tyler Lee Preston. You might know him from his previously owned cafe Sir Charles, just one kilometre up the road, so if you’ve missed his food, you know you don’t have to go too far!




Brad and I popped in on a summery morning when it wasn’t 400 degrees (whoo!) and enjoyed the relaxed pace of the cafe, while sipping on our coffee (and chai) and despairing over the state of affairs in America. I love it when a cafe does their chai in giant mugs - so comforting!




I went with with the chilli scrambled eggs on top of a crispy roti with beanshoots and mixed herbs - with a side of smoked Otway free-range bacon (because why not). Loved the texture, from all the loaded beanshoots, the gentle kick, the freshness of the mint to offset the spice. The roti also had a gentle sweetness to it, which I thought went quite well with everything too. 




Of course, we also had to get the signature dish, the Dr Morse Benedict with panic crumbed eggs on crispy roti with spicy hollandaise. You also choose between bacon, house smoked salmon, Asian greens and sautéed mushrooms as a side - Brad chose the Asian greens. The hollandaise sauce is terribly moreish, and the eggs so golden and crisp. Brad commented that he really enjoyed having the Asian greens on the side, as since they’re simply blanched, the freshness of them balance out the richness of the hollandaise, roti and fried egg really well. But if you’re a lush like me you could just have bacon. 



Brunch was overall delicious, and although we enjoyed our food, I wish I had the foresight to visit closer to 11am so we could also get into the lunch/day menu which had some very tasty looking propositions on it. From chicken katsu with a fried egg (omg yaasss) to green chicken curry and salt and pepper squid, there were definitely lots of things I’m keen to come back and try another time!

274 Johnston St
Abbotsford 3067

Dr Morse Bar & Eatery Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato 

5 comments:

  1. Hello, I am Theresa Williams After being in relationship with Anderson for years, he broke up with me, I did everything possible to bring him back but all was in vain, I wanted him back so much because of the love I have for him, I begged him with everything, I made promises but he refused. I explained my problem to my friend and she suggested that I should rather contact a spell caster that could help me cast a spell to bring him back but I am the type that never believed in spell, I had no choice than to try it, I mailed the spell caster, and he told me there was no problem that everything will be okay before three days, that my ex will return to me before three days, he cast the spell and surprisingly in the second day, it was around 4 pm. My ex called me, I was so surprised, I answered the call and all he said was that he was so sorry for everything that happened that he wanted me to return to him, that he loves me so much. I was so happy and went to him that was how we started living together happily again. Since then, I have made promise that anybody I know that have a relationship problem, I would be of help to such person by referring him or her to the only real and powerful spell caster who helped me with my own problem. email: {drogunduspellcaster@gmail.com} you can email him if you need his assistance in your relationship or any other Case.

    1) Love Spells
    2) Lost Love Spells
    3) Divorce Spells
    4) Marriage Spells
    5) Binding Spell.
    6) Breakup Spells
    7) Banish a past Lover
    8.) You want to be promoted in your office/ Lottery spell
    9) want to satisfy your lover
    Contact this great man if you are having any problem for a lasting solution
    through {drogunduspellcaster@gmail.com}

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been visiting your recipe blog from past 3 months. The way of recipe tips looks to be easy for all readers. I would personally recommend our blog visitors to subscribe to obtain useful posts like this periodically. Particularly post on "Dr Morse" is awesome. Get in touch with us via our websites Vegetarian restaurant | Sweet Shop

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been casting spells for many years and I have helped many people, I might be able to help you too. I am honest, and I genuinely care for all the clients who choose me to cast a spell for them.


    If you have any questions about Love, Money, curse, protection, bad luck, divorce, court cases, or about me please call or email me. I really want you to feel comfortable before moving forward with any spells, or other services. I will take the time to explain things to you and provide you with honest advice, to what is best for your situation. I will not pressure you into having a spell cast, I will leave that decision up to you, and when or if you decide to move forward, I might be able to help you.
    I will respect your Privacy. I will not seek to obtain any of your personal information beyond what you might voluntarily offer and all information you might give me including emails, phone numbers and photos will remain private and confidential.
    I perform my Rituals only at night between the hours of 0.00 - 0.59 (South African time) lasting 1 hour but of course, this depends on the nature of the ritual, some rituals might take hours and can also become necessary to be performed at specials places like; flowing streams, cemeteries and other places dictated by the gods.
    I do not want anyone to be under any illusions about my spells and its numerous rituals. Real and effective Voodoo is no child's play, it is expensive because, after the rituals, I will have to destroy all the materials involved by fire and the ashes scattered over a flowing stream or river.
    You will get what you seek.But please understand this might take a lot of time and that individual results may vary. contact +27663492930, greatogudugu@gmail.com

    Herbal cure for Following DISEASES,this is not scam is 100% Real.

    -HPV
    -DIABETES
    -PENIS ENLARGEMENT AND WEAK ERECTION
    -VIRGINA PROBLEM
    -WHOOPING COUGH
    - HEPATITIS B
    -FORDYCE SPOT
    -COLD SORE
    -ALS
    -LOWER RESPIRATORY INFECTION
    -LOW SPERM COUNT
    -MRSA(METHICILLIN-RESISTANT STAPHYLOCOCCUS AUREUS
    -ZIKA VIRUS
    -HIV
    -STROKE
    -IMPOTENCE
    -PILE
    -HYPERTENSION
    -LOW SPERM COUNT
    -MENOPAUSE DISEASE
    -ASTHMA
    -CANCER
    -BARENESS/INFERTILITY
    -PCOS
    -SHINGLES
    -VIRAL HEPATITIS/HEPATITIS B
    -FIBROID
    -ASTHMA
    -SICKLE CELL
    -TINNITUS
    -BARENESS/INFERTILITY
    -DIARRHEA and so on...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a testimony that I will tell everyone in the world. i have been married for 4 years and on the fifth year of my marriage, another woman had a spell to take my lover away from me and my husband left me and the kids and we have suffered for 2 years until i meant a post where this man Zuma Zuk have helped someone and i decided to give him a try to help me bring my love Husband home and believe me i just send my picture to him and that of my husband and after 48 hours as he have told me after doing everything he asked me to do, i saw a car drove into the house and behold it was my husband and he have come to me and the kids and that is why i am happy to make everyone of you in similar case to meet with this man and have your marriage fixed His email: spiritualherbalisthealing@gmail.com whatsapp him on this +15068001647..... thank so much Zuma Zuk.

    ReplyDelete