Thursday, May 19, 2011

Chapel Bakery Cafe

Sooo back tracking a little...

I'm going to do this entry a little differently, since it's (or should be) fairly short and sweet.

The food?

Photobucket

Potato roesti, wilted spinach, tomatoes and haloumi. It didn't take me long to order this when I saw it be paraded to another table. I love the neat little stack in it's fit of bright colours. Although the 'roesti' likens more to a hash brown, it was still very enjoyable with it's crunchy exterior and potato, carb-y deliciousness on the inside.

And for having warm cheese and potatoes, the dish feels nice, light and well balanced. Definitely a good feel dish!

Where was I?

Chapel Bakery Cafe on Glenferrie road, I had gone with my mum for a quick lunch with her friends, were we discussed about Chanel, Tiffany, and the difference in prices between here and Europe. Women. Honestly.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

It's modestly sized, but inviting and homely, can see why the mum's would like it here. I've always thought the place was a bit darker for some reason, but there's always a reason they say not to judge a book by it's cover. It's much brighter and lighter in here!

There's a range on the menu and in the display case, eggs, sandwiches, wraps, roti wraps even!

The staff were very friendly, as they came back several times to see if we wanted to order, when we hadn't even gotten to the menu because we were too busy talking shop(ping), and left us to it with a charming smile.

Considering I live quite close to Glenferrie road, you would think I would make more visits and know the cafes a little bit more intimately, but for some reason I always find myself trekking down to Collingwood instead...but I would certainly be more than happy to revisit this cafe!

Chapel Bakery Cafe
753 Glenferrie Rd
Hawthorn, 3122

Chapel Bakery Cafe on Urbanspoon