Monday, July 13, 2015

Serotonin Eatery


Swings.

Yellow crockery.

Golden spoons, forks and knives.


Serotonin Eatery had a lot of things going for it that I liked. Sure the 40 minute wait for food on a Saturday morning might have been better not to have, but we were informed of it when we sat down and decided to endure the wait. 


I find Serotonin’s Eatery a unique concept in it’s approach. More than just a cafe, Serotonin Dealer is a centre for happiness, with a an eatery (which we were waiting at), a fitness centre, and classes coming in 2016. 

The eatery is all plant based food, and naturally, with a health angle; to nourish you and aid in mood regulation (because who likes being hungry?)



Brad’s coffee looks bright and cheerful, and I love my big mug of chai, made with house-made organic chai spices that have been naturally sweetened. It’s lovely and sweet, especially the sunny, but slightly nippy weather, but doesn’t quite have quite enough vibrancy and spiciness that I like in my chair. It’s also a bit rich at $6 a pop…I actually wanted to try the Golden Latte, with turmeric and ginger, but couldn’t quite justify $8 a pop to begin my day! 


Since it was my birthday weekend (at the time), I could justify pancakes for breakfast. There seems to be a trend to gluten free pancakes at the moment, and I’m 100% okay with this.


Positive Pancakes consisted of organic banana flour pancakes with house-made banana ice-cream, mixed berries and serotonin hung yoghurt balls covered with roasted almond flakes.


Ah. Happy times. The pancakes were light and fluffy, the abundance of berries was very much enjoyed, and I loved the richness in the banana ice-cream. The yoghurt balls were a surprise hit for me, I loved the creaminess and the thickness, they somehow cut through the overall sweetness for me. 



Brad opted for something a little more filling with the twice-baked beans, with ‘powerkraut’, house-made tomato sauce, greens, eggs and wholegrain Danish rye. The sauce is lovely rich and thick and eggs gooey. Nothing to complain about here. 

Service is obviously with a smile, but also backed with attentive care, checking in that we’re okay and making sure we’re well hydrated while waiting. My only niggle with Serotonin Eatery is that it is definitely on the expensive side of breakfast, which is understandable considering the health angle, with no corners cut, but when I’m looking at $22 for pancakes? You certainly have to wonder if it’s worth it…although that doesn’t have to stop you from enjoying it all the same! 

52 Madden Grove
Burnley 3121

Click to add a blog post for Serotonin Eatery on Zomato 


No comments:

Post a Comment