Thursday, June 14, 2012

Cookie


Hey guys! It's been a little bit! I hope you've all been doing well!

I've been a little absent lately as I'm currently on a month long South East Asia Extravaganza with Brad! Thus, by the time I'm back in the hotel room after a long day, by the time I've answered work emails and dumped photos on my computer, I've wanted nothing more than to pass out on my bed!

We've spent a week in Bangkok, eating, drinking, riding elephants, as you do, went through Phnom Penh and currently we are in Siem Reap, drinking in the beauty that is Angkor Wat and the many other ancient Khmer temples. Only another 3 weeks to go! I'll eventually get around to sharing pictures!

I have missed writing and I have missed the blog though, so I just thought I'd put up a little something from the backlog to tide me over!

Before my cousins visited me in May, Serena sent me a message via Facebook. She wanted to check if I had a gym I went to, or if I could at least take her jogging, as she was determined to stay in shape whilst eating away like crazy. When you hang out with my family, it's kind of hard to avoid. 

So I took her to my gym in the city, but after, we decided we were hungry and wandered around trying to figure out what we wanted for lunch.

We ended up at Cookie. 


We were lucky to have a burst of sunshine in the midst of the cool weather we were having and settled ourselves on one of the mini balconies, ordered ourselves some beer and picked a few things out of the menu.

I have to say, I've been to Cookie for drinks before, but was surprisingly impressed by their Thai inspired food as well!



The green curry was surprisingly flavoursome, not too spicy naturally, and quite creamy as well. Just perfect for drowning rice in…! Very moreish indeed and probably one of the better Thai green curries I've come across in Melbourne (thus far, still have a lot more to try out yet!).



This roast pumpkin goodness was thick, creamy, dense and delicious. Not so typically Thai, but an incredibly filling side dish!


I am now a fan of the pad thai from Cookie. The mix of flavours just hit the spot for me. The lime on the side, peanuts, sweet, salty, crunchy, just gorgeous! The texture of the noodles was lovely too. 

All in all, we both enjoyed the food, completely negated any work we did at the gym and sat in the sunshine playing Monopoly Deal. Cookie has a great quirky, but laid back feel to it, which really makes it such a nice place to drop in at anytime of day for a little time out. 

252 Swanston St 
MelbourneVIC 3000

Cookie on Urbanspoon