Sunday, November 21, 2010

Kuala Lumpur - Gelato Fruity

Photobucket

I would honestly not expect gelato to be a big thing in Malaysia. I don't imagine there's a massive Italian demographic there and honestly, the dairy products there usually aren't the best. Although I love getting Hagen Daz and Baskin Robbins ice-cream when I'm there, but they aren't local products I guess?

However, I was quite surprised going to Pavilion, the number of gelato places there were now! Although I only became familiar with this one, Gelato Fruity, as it was on the walkway I had to use to get to and from Pavilion from the hotel I was staying in.

Photobucket

They had an absolutely massive selection of flavours!

Photobucket

Photobucket

On this particular trip, I was there with my aunt and my mother. Me, being me, I love the creamy sweet flavoured gelato's. What's your favourite type of ice-cream/gelato/frozen goodie?There was one there called 'Kickers'. I got a bit of a 'kick' of it (pardon the pun), suspected it was snickers flavoured and was correctly confirmed after a little sample. Whilst I loved the snickers flavour I had in Lygon street back in Melbourne, I felt that this rendition of it was more faithful to the original chocolate bar. Chocolate bits, mixed with a large amount of finely chopped peanuts and caramel which really came through. Absolutely heavenly!

Photobucket

Photobucket

My mother went for the starfruit and green apple flavour, which was really nice and refreshing. I could see this being a great palette cleanser inbetween meals at a degustation...

Photobucket

And my aunt? Well ur...durian flavour. Let me tell you, this little scoop of the durian gelato is incredibly strong and very potent. I could smell it from over a foot away. Phew!

Gelato Fruity
Level 3
168 Jalan Buket Bintang
55100 Kuala Lumpur
Malaysia


1 comment:

  1. Wow, how pretty does your kickers one look! Gelato is so refreshing. I change from wanting creamy to fruity each time :) Such a convenient location for you, this place!
    Heidi xo

    ReplyDelete