Friday, July 6, 2012

I'm Home!

Hey guys! Brad and I just got back from our Asia-extravaganza trip yesterday! It's amazing to think that a whole month went by so quickly and that we were able to see so much! I apologize for not blogging more the past month, but everyday was so jam packed, there was barely and time! And when there was, I was far too tired to do anything really.....

So to give a quick summary, in (just over) one month, we hit up 6 countries (Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam, Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore) and 9 cities (Bangkok, Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, Ho Chi Minh, Hoi An, Kuala Lumpur, Penang, Bali, Singapore). It's a pretty big trip when you consider it's Brad and my first trip together overseas, and Brad's first time in South East Asia! I was pretty darned excited to show him around, and see some new things together, such as Cambodia!

I naturally did all the planning, booked all the flights, bus trips, hotels and some tours. Wee bit of a pedantic planner. You all should have seen me through the month of May. Stress city! 

Fortunately the trip all came together well, we didn't lose any luggage (although my sunglasses disappeared somewhere in Ho Chi Minh...), none of our flights were too delayed, we didn't have too many upset tummies to deal with and...well, we had a great time! 

Lop Buri, Thailand

We made new friends...

Angkor Wat, Siem Reap

Saw some AH-MAZING things...

Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum, Phnom Penh

Learnt a lot about the good and the darker side of each country's history...

Bangkok, Thailand

Tried some new things...like crickets...





Ate a lot...(naturally)...


And on a whole, just had a whole lot of fun. It's a relief to be home, but I also can't believe it's over! Take me back! 

So over the next couple of weeks (possibly months), I'll be getting through my backlog and also sharing in more detail our adventures through South East Asia....hang tight!