Friday, September 28, 2012

Brother Burger and the Marvellous Brew


This write-up (I'm reluctant to call it a review), is actually based on my visit. No, I'm not sure how Brad puts up with me. No, I'm actually not over exaggerating how I talk (too much). No, I don't know how I managed such in focus photos, in the dark, while tipsy. Yeah, this is probably more entertainment piece than typical blogger write-up, but y'know. We all got to have some fun right?



Wednesday night. 8pm, no dinner yet. 

Brad's friend's book launch that we were late for. Nevermind, free booze anyway.

A short walk down to a pub where Brad's friend decided to get some dinner and continue drinking to celebrate. A couple more glasses of wine. 

9:30 pm. Hungry. 

Brad drive.

Me drunk. Me want potatoes.

New burger place, Brother Burger and the Mmmmuuhhh….something something on Brunswick. Where that Man, Woman place was. 

Oh look, easy park awesome! 

Is this place even open? It looks so dark, oh neon sign is lit up, it must be open!

Do we push or pull? Oh I see, push. It's so dark.


Wow, they've really done up the place a bit. I don't get this black barrier wall thing, though, makes the place seem kinda small. 

Let's sit behind it though.


Aww, no gluten free buns oh well. Bread it is. (Although on the new menu there does seem to be a gluten free bun, will have to investigate.)

OH MY GOD BRAD. ALCOHOLIC MILKSHAKES. ALCOHOLIC MILKSHAKES. SHOULD I HAVE ONE?! I dunno…I DUNNO!

Let's look at the options…vanilla and bourbon…strawberry and tequila…chocolate and marsh….CHOCOLATE AND MARSHMALLOW VODKA. BRAD CAN I HAVE THIS? CAN I HAVE IT? 

CAN I PLEASE ORDER A CHOCOLATE AND MARSHMALLOW VODKA?!


Eeeeeeeeeeeee!


Mmmm. So yummy. Can't taste vodka. DRINK FASTER. GET MORE DRUNK.


Plain beef burger, lettuce, pickles, mayo and sauce. Ooh shiny…toasty…soft…fluffy bun! Yum! 


Brad's Fair Dinkum…oh wait, that's his burger, not him. 

Nomnom, I like the burger. Kinda tastes…clean, y'know Brad? Not too oily or fatty, tasty and not like, loaded with shit on it. Really fresh and clean. 

You think Grill'd burgers are still more seasoned? I guess. These are a bit more expensive too. BUT THESE ARE WAGYU! So that's like, cool and stuff right? The buns are also baked daily, so in house and extra costs that Grill'd wouldn't have right? 

Still yummy. I like it.

Shut up and eat your burger. And I'll drink milkshake. ALL THE VODKAS.


Mmm…POTATOES. Delicious. SO CRUNCHY. ALL OF THE SALT. ALL OF THE SALT. 

Fries so good.

Mmmmmmm. Fries so good.

FRIES SO GOOD. MMMMM.

I'm so full Brad. Brad. Brad. I'm full. But chips.

One more.

Oh my god Brad, I'm so full. Brad. I can't finish my milkshake. I'm so sad. I think I'm drunk.

Pull me up Brad. I'm so sleepy now. Oh my god. All the vodkas. All of them. I love you I do. No I mean you Brad, not the vodka. 

Imma sleep in your car now okay? That was yummy. 

Zzzzzzz.

413 Brunswick Street
Fitzroy

Brother Burger and The Marvellous Brew on Urbanspoon


View I'm So Hungree in a larger map