Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Just a Mess


So you may have noticed my blog posts have been a little bit scattered and irregular lately. I'm also concerned I'm losing the vigour and joy I usually like to exude in my posts. 

I'm a little flat at the moment guys. Blogger fatigue? Time precious? Burning candles at both ends (or maybe even multiple ends). Something like that.

It's been a bit of a stressful couple of weeks. Or I feel like it has been. Work's doing it's thing, along with a couple of side projects, along with changes, transitions and preparations going at home, I feel like I've been in a bit of a hectic headspace. 

I tend to be one of those people who reflect the emotions and energy around me, if you're upbeat, I'm upbeat, if you're not so chatty, I'll be a bit quieter too and lately, it's been a little negative around here, so bear with me. 


And so it's times like these where I'm going to take a break from the usual thing and just show you pictures of a rather lazy and tasty eton mess my mum and I made back in August when we had some family friends over. Because sugar always makes me happy. 


Actually we made the eton mess because Chobani kindly sent me a range of their greek yoghurt to try out, from classic greek yoghurt, to flavours such as mango (my favourite) and blueberry, and I wanted to make a dessert with it. Although I really enjoyed the Chobani yoghurt in general as well. It made for a great and healthy afternoon snack (compared to my usual chocolate nibbles). Mum did comment on how much creamier and denser it was compared to some other yoghurts as well.


But anyway, so we took the strawberry yoghurt, whipped it up with some cream (so that the mess wasn't soooo naughty), broke up some pre-bought meringue (really doing a lazy here) and sliced some strawberries into it. 


Could you ask for anything easier? 


Result? Simple bliss. 


Disclaimer: Yes, Chobani sent me complimentary yoghurts. Yes the thoughts and views I have on the yoghurts are my own honest views.