Sunday, September 16, 2012

Two Birds, One Stone



Two Birds One Stone.

You all know about it already. Set up by the same people who did Three Bags Full, blah blah blah. You've read about it here, here, here and maybe even here

So I won't go on too much about that. 

I remember being amazed at the tweetstorm that happened by every single cafe and/or restaurant in my twitter feed who seemed to all have visited on the day it opened. You know something's gotta be good if all the hospo's are singing praises from day one.

But I still took my time to get there. I had no interest in showing up on a weekend and instead, scratched my head a little to figure out who I could get to go with me on a weekday….ah! Tegan has scheduled RDO's! Maybe I'll find out when the next one is…

…"Next Friday!"


And so there we were on a Friday, 11:45am. 



Since there are so many other blogs about this cafe, I'm going to keep this post mostly picture orientated, since it is such a photogenic cafe and I had such a nice little window spot…which means gorgeous lighting!




An adorable chai tea, with just enough honey. 




Twice cooked marmalade French toast, oranges and vanilla mousse. Who said you can't have sweets for lunch? And yes, it smelt and tasted as amazing as it sounds.


Their version of the vegetarian big breakfast is 'One Stone', it's carnivorous counterpart aptly named 'Two Birds'. I went with the former, with eggs, mushrooms, avocado, spinach, haloumi, home smoked corn and tomato relish. 


Filling but wholesome, my tummy was happy. 

It is hard to fault Two Birds, One Stone. Service is polished and friendly, interior is bright and shiny, food is tasty, fun and well executed. What's not too like? Other than the wait on a weekend or trying to find a parking nearby that is….

12 Claremont Street
South Yarra 3141

two birds one stone on Urbanspoon


View I'm So Hungree in a larger map