Thursday, December 3, 2009

Hawker Food - PJ style

No trip to Malaysia is complete without AT LEAST, one meal at the hawker stalls.

Which is where we went for lunch yesterday with the relatives at a place in Petaling Jaya!

Again, I have no sense of direction or orientation in Malaysia, so other than telling you it's in Petaling Jaya, that's about as much information as I can give you location wise.





Since I don't speak anything other than english, my relatives were the ones who went out and ordered for me.

Again, I love the colourful resin plates, the loud bustling vibe and the oh, so fast food service! And in a place like this, you just know the place is bustling, because the people are all here for good food.

So without further ado, here's a selection of some of the food we had. I wish I could label everything, but I can't always catch the names right. ;x



This fishball noodle soup was DELICIOUS. The soup was so tasty!




Poh Piah (I think that's how it's spelt...). Could've eaten this whole plate myself...it's definetly one of the lighter and healthier...(or at least it feels that way) things to eat at hawker stalls!



Fried Kuay Teow! My dad is one of the pickiest people when it comes to this dish and nothing beats having it back in Malaysia. Especially when it's hot and fresh and with...



Cockles! According to my dad these are only chucked in just as the dish is served and not really fried, so they're almost essentially raw. But it's what adds the sweetness to the dish. They are delicious. But not for the faint hearted, as it is still pretty bloody.


Chee Cheong Fung...I can't spell. :c But this is one of my favourite noodles dishes in general, although this one was with shrimp sauce/paste, I usually like it with the curry sauce. But the texture of the noodles...to die for!


Curry Laksa. This soup was especially thick and spicy, but I loved it, I adore that warm feeling one gets in their chest after drinking the soup. Deeeelish!


No comments:

Post a Comment