Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Two and Twenty...

22.

It's always odd when you see the number you've changed to, I don't think I ever honestly feel older, or maybe I'm just getting into age denial early on in my life.

At any rate, Monday the 24th of May was my birthday!

Had a pretty quiet day and had a quiet gathering at home with mum, my brother, my aunt, a few of my favourite boys and some sushi, macarons, cake and Disney movies!



Whilst some macarons came out beautifully, there was a batch of shells that refused to seperate from the baking paper...



And thus broke and crumbled...



So we covered them with chocolate and devoured them before my friends could see how horrible they were!







Evan made a giant-mega-ultra sushi roll that included everything we had on the table...cured salmon, cucumber, carrot, unagi, mince pork and mushroom, satay chicken...yes I'm dead serious. Oddly enough it did work, it was this rather fascinating explosion of flavours in your mouth, although I don't think it's something I would have on a very regular basis...



My dear mother made her infamous flourless chocolate cake and decorated it with some Victorian strawberries. And of course we had the macarons on the side, with delicious chocolate ganache sandwiched inbetween each of them.











Making a wish....a secret one though. :]



The cake did not last long...





We found we had quite a bit of chocolate ganache left and discovered how adorable strawberry topped macarons were!

We topped our night off with a viewing of Monsters Inc. and Wall-E, both absolutely amazing movies. I forgot how much I loved Monsters Inc. and was exceptionally surprised at how well written it actually is.

A bigger bash is scheduled on Friday night which shall involve less food and more karaoke...should be interesting....

No comments:

Post a Comment