Monday, May 10, 2010

Horoki Casual Dining Bar

Oops, forgot to post this one up from last week! Kind of like when you forget to keep in touch with friends until they come right back into your city! (Yes cheese. I'm sorry)

Caught up with two friends, one who I hadn't seen for about 3 years as he's now in Malaysia recording a Chinese pop album, and a classmate from high school who I hadn't seen for 2 years!

We met up, but had no idea what we wanted to eat, so Vale (my musician/Chinese pop friend) suggested a Japanese place (as Kara had wanted Chinese but I was not in the mood. Not that I am ever really) I hadn't heard of before.

So off we trotted through the city, he couldn't remember exactly where it was so it was a bit of time before we stumbled into Horoki.



Small, adorable little space. We took a table right next to the window and were given the lunch menus. For $13.90, you get to choose 3 items out of a menu of about 12 things, either rice or miso and an optional miso soup for an extra $2.



I went for the kingfish sashimi, spicy prawn rolls and tofu and tuna salad, as you can very neatly see placed on my plate! It was a lovely light lunch and it was certainly nice to have the variety.

For those who maybe have a bigger appetite than I might've on that day, there were other options such as hamburger meat, beef and teriyaki chicken.



As you can see Vale got some meat.

They also have a full ala carte dinner menu, which I didn't really look into too much, but it might be something I'd consider if I was out one night.

But for lunch, certainly a nice option and not a bad deal hey?

19 Liverpool St
Melbourne VIC 3000
(03) 9663 2227

Horoki Casual Dining Bar on Urbanspoon


2 comments:

  1. Hi :)
    Really liked the photos in this post...

    Keep up the good work...

    Have a great day - SP

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe I've never been to Horoki! The lunch does sound like a bargain. I'm always in Liverpool St or thereabouts, will definitely try it soon.

    Jetsetting Joyce

    ReplyDelete