Thursday, March 18, 2010

Baa Baa....Three Bags Full.

After being to Liar Liar, I wanted to check out their new cafe, Three Bags Full in Abbotsford, after reading about it everywhere and having David walk by and gush about hos cute the place looked!

So off mum and I trotted one lunch to check it out.





Something I've kinda noticed with a lot of these new cafes I've quite liked...is that they all have yellow furniture. Which I just enjoy, because yellow is my favourite colour. I suppose it's just a lovely bright cheery colour, and how can you go wrong with that?!







The furniture seems to be made out of old signs, giving it a funky industrial feel, but the inside also has the warmth of wood, and some rather pretty photos hanging the wall, creating a nice juxtaposition.





So I read somewhere that Three Bags Full does one of the best Chai Latte's and in my mission to find the best in Melbourne, I naturally had to try it. I opted to get it with soy milk, since they offered and so far, it's definetly probably the best Chai latte I've had. Herby, but not bitter and with a nice warm bite in the back of the throat. Not too sweet either (although I personally have nothing against sweet Chai Latte's. Not yet anyway).

Since mum couldn't find the place and ended up in the wrong suburb, I ordered for the both of us...it was timed so well that literally, 2 minutes after she sat down, the food came out onto our table. Aren't I good?





So I decided to get the cauliflower fritters with cheese and tzatziki (or raita? I forget) and the stuffed portobello mushrooms (sorry forgot what was in them! ;x)

The mushrooms were delicious, but how can you really go wrong when you have beaaautiful portobello's? Very filling as well.

The cauliflower fritters were nice, but a bit weak in actual cauliflower flavour for me. I didn't taste as much of the vegetable as I think I should've, was a bit too flour-y for my tastes.

Overall, quite liked the place, am quite keen to find when a quiet time is and go with my book and settle down for a quiet afternoon with a chai latte.

Corner Nicholson & Mollison St
Abbotsford
9421 2732

Three Bags Full on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment